AQUAROBOT TURBI Ì – pressure and flow controller
AQUAROBOT TURBI M units are designed for automatic control of flow and minimum pressure (Pmin) by on/off of single-phase surface and submersible (including vibration) pumps with power of up to 1.5kW; they can be also used for pump protection against dry running operation and other emergency situations (undervoltage, improper assembly, etc.).
The control unit automatically switches the pump on at a flow rate of more than 2 l/min or pressure drop below Pmin, and switches the pump off at a flow rate of less than 2 l/min with a thirty-second delay.
In case of small leakage in water supply system and pressure drop to predetermined value Pmin, the device switches the pump on for 30 seconds to restore system pressure.
The operating principle of the device is that the turbine of the flow sensor starts to rotate when water flow passes through it at a speed higher than 2 l/min. The reed gains pulses while approaching a magnet on the turbine fins and feed these pulses to a microcontroller which processes this information and the power switches the pump on. At the same time the pump continuously pumps water producing system pressure the value of which depends on the pump parameters, volume and connection diagram of pressure tank. In case of water flow cessation or flow rate drops to 2 l/min, the turbine flow sensor stops to rotate and power switch turns the pump off on command from a microcontroller with a thirty-second delay. In the absence of water flow, the control unit automatically switches the pump off thereby providing dry-running protection.
There are three devices in the range of AQUAROBOT TURBI M:
- «AQUAROBOT TURBI M1»
- «AQUAROBOT TURBI M2»
- «AQUAROBOT TURBI M3».
AQUAROBOT TURBI M2 and AQUAROBOT TURBI M3 units are designed to control the pump flow and two pressure thresholds. Pressure thresholds Pmin and Pmax in AQUAROBOT TURBI M2 and AQUAROBOT TURBI M3 are determined according to the type of pressure sensor.
- Type 1 (1.5-3.0 bar)
- Type 2 (2.0-3.5 bar)
- Type 3 (2.5-4.0 bar)
- Type 4 (3.0-4.5 bar).
After transition to pre-emergency mode and in the absence of water, the device makes a number of automatic trial starts in 5, 20 and 60 minutes and then in 6, 12 and 24 hours. As soon as water comes during any trial start, the unit automatically switches the pump on placing it into a pump mode.Specifications
- System parameters: ~220V ± 10%, 50Hz.
- Pump power: up to 1.5kW.
- Max current: not more than 16À.
- Load current: not more than 10À.
- Maximum allowable system pressure: 0.6 MPa (6 bar). It is allowed to use AQUAROBOT TURBI M control unit in pressure boosting systems however system total pressure must be not more than 6 bar.
- Cut-in pressure Ðmin: 1.5 … 1.8 bar.
- Min sensibility of flow sensor: 2 l/min.
- Max allowable water flow: 100 l/min.
- Allowable range of water temperatures: +5 … +35°Ñ, at ambient temperature +1- +40°Ñ.
- Requirements to pumped fluid: clean water without abrasive particles and fibrous inclusions; max size of impurities: 1mm.
- The unit reset button (AQUAROBOT TURBI Ì3).
- Connecting dimensions: 1" external thread õ 1" external thread (AQUAROBOT TURBI M1 and AQUAROBOT TURBI M2).
- Connecting dimensions: 1" external thread 1" external thread õ 1” internal thread, a junction pipe to connect a pressure tank with brass bushing («AQUAROBOT TURBI M3).
- Protection class: IP65.
Warranty: 24 months
All section equipment: Automatics for systems
← Back to section